Saturday, February 19, 2011

Trip to Koldi, really really Koldi: Part tangent





Whew poor video quality, it was so cold my phone started acting crazy!!

So hello again my friends! This little video is one I took while visiting a place called Koli. It was very freaking cold, hence the title, with the very cry your eyes out and vomit hilarious pun in the title: Koldi. But that's neither here nor there, I'll get to that later, for now let's be patient people.

So this video basically reminded me of a nice conversation I had with a couple Finnish friends the other day, and therefore it's time for a tangent out the get go. Finland has it's own version of Jackass. It's true, and the damn people are crazy as hell. Seriously, I have no idea how these people are alive. It's only like 4 people or something too, so no one avoids getting horrible pain inflicted on them. And really, they don't do anything that's really meant only to be funny per se. Like a lot of Jackass stuff is extremely risky and there's a likelyhood that the person will get hurt, but if not then whatever it is is often pretty funny and ironic. Like for instance this involves no one getting hurt really:


And this one is risky but people didn't have to get hurt necessarily:

I will agree that some of them are just straight up pain but not all of them. But every single Finnish Jackass I watched(called the dudesons) involved someone getting hurt haha. I guess there was one where they blew up a house and no one got hurt, anyways here's a taste:

Now this video is in Finnish so if you can't tell just from context clues what they're doing, they're testing a phone to see if it still works after being put through.....the elements? Well not the elements but you know what I mean. Don't you just love the smile the guy keeps on his face during the third trial? The guys are crazy haha.




And lastly, here's a preview of the dudesons air in the US. Heck, many of you might have already seen this stuff. Apparently there was a problem because it was offensive to Native Americans, which I can see that pretty readily. 


There's another really cool show my friends showed me called madventures, again I think this one aired in the US as well. It's basically two Finnish dudes running around to different places and doing the craziest stuff people do in that culture. Check it out:


Quite interesting I would say. Now as far as Finnish accents go, these are pretty strong ones. A lot of the younger people you meet here don't even have a trace of this accent. It's kinda scary really. But you will find some older people here and less younger people who actually carry this accent. Often the British accent a lot of them have is stronger than their Finnish accent, which is just silly and provoking of envy haha. 



Wow, I think this one is definitely my favorite. Roof jumping in Russia. I think this one is just hilarious because of the reaction after losing at rock, paper, scissors. "Vittu...vittu vittu vittu!" I think that is the F word equivalent in Finnish.  When he's standing on top of the building he's apparently saying "I'm f***ing afraid, I'm f***ing afraid" hahaha poor bastard. 


Alright well this has been a niiiice long tangent for ya. I will continue this blog later with the actually on topic part once I get all the photos loaded. Yeah that whole tell you what I've been doing thing, what a concept. Either way, stay tuned and in the mean time, check these programs out to learn ya a little somethin about Finnish shows! Peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment